Monday 28 July 2008

Changes



Sometimes you find yourself realizing that there are things about yourself that have changed. You can’t even remember when or why, but you wake up one day and it’s the case. I can only say that it has to be God at work in our lives!


One change for me is that I am eating and even enjoying British sausages. When I was first introduced to a sausage in the United Kingdom…I was sure I would never grow to like them. They aren’t our American hotdogs! It’s not the taste of the sausage that I had a problem with…I turned my nose up at the consistency. They are fatter and the middle is a bit squishy. But this weekend I had sausages a couple of times and thoroughly enjoyed them. Go figure.


Ok…another change is that I now think that 80 degrees is hot. A few years ago I would hear a Brit say that it was hot and I would scoff and laugh. Now I’m looking for the coolest spot to sit and endure the 'heat.' Remember a couple of weeks ago I was questioning summer in England? Well…it has arrived! It has been beautiful with the sun shining. Dave & I have also been laughing at our cat, Festus…he is pictured above trying to keep as cool as possible. I don't know if the twisted pose really helps, but he seems to think so. Yesterday the heat made him so sleepy he catnapped all afternoon!


Thank goodness we are always changing. I love seeing the people around me being transformed day by day. Sometimes I get a glimpse in the mirror and realize that God is transforming me, as well! Not just in age, either. I got some pictures this past weekend of a college roommate and her family and wondered when her kids got so big! Surely I'm not that old!


Enjoy the summer - whatever that looks like in your part of the world. Will let you know when I'm back to wishing for the sun and the heat...



Love,

Beth

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Your description of British sausages doesn't exactly cause me to crave them...

I'm so glad you're blogging! I'm even more glad that you and Dave are enjoying your life together. I really do hope to get over there some time.